Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A walk on the wildside

September 25th, 2010
On my last day, Jacquie and I decided to hike around the refuge and find what we could. It turned out to be a good day, though we didn't find much. I apologize for the lack of pictures, as I was much more interested in bird watching than clicking that day.

The great thing about this area of Texas is its Avian inhabitants. These include the gorgeous Green Jays, strange Chachalacas (said basically like it's spelled, Cha-Cha-La-Ka), and vibrant Harris's Hawks. Unfortunately I didn't get many photo opportunities with these birds, I linked them to the University of Cornell's page about them so you can check them out.
As follows is a collection of the photos.
A gorgeous Crested Caracara. Sort of like a Mexican Vulture, but obviously much better looking than any common vulture.







Again I apologize, as these pictures do not accurately depict Laguna Atascosa at all. But as these are the pictures I took, it will have to do for now. Until I go back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment