Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It begins

September 19th-15th, 2010
I started my journey Sunday September 19th. My car was packed to the brim, with more stuff than I really needed. But I was finally off none the less. My first destination was down to my friend Morgans in Port Aransas, Tx. Where I surely would spend the next four days contributing nothing to society. Frankly, that's what friends are for.

On the drive down I quickly ran into a tropical storm hitting near the South Texas and Mexico border. This resulted in catastrophic flooding in Corpus Christi. Many exits were too full of water to drive across and cops were sitting at certain places on the highwaykeeping people from driving through the ever creeping water. I learned later this is a normal occurrence as Corpus floods every time a tear is shed.

As my little Mazda 3 hydroplanned all over the road, I pulled off to meet Morgan at Buffalo Wild Wings. Riding along the access road, I drove across many questionable roads covered in water and even witnessed a woman get stuck. This happened as I let her go infront of me. Effectively using her as a test dummy. She got out, I'm sure.

But I finally made it and had a good time watching the sunday NFL games.

The remaining days with Morgan were spent inside because of the rain. Luckily, we had video games and pizza to fill our times. Like I said, that's what friends are for.

When we did go outside, we spent it wisely hitting up the local candy shop, Winstons. This is a favorite destination of anyone I go to Port Arnasas with and never a let down. It seems to get more expensive everytime I go. As when I was 16 I could buy my bag of candy for less than $5 but gas and sodas were cheaper then as well.






But as fast as it came, it was time to go. So fatter than I was before I left Thursday morning for Laguna Atascosa NWR

1 comment: